Until a few years ago , I only used pumpkins for decorations. In Norway, pumpkins are not used in recipes that often. After visiting my sister in the US around pumpkin season, I learned that pumpkin is not just for Halloween, but it is used in both savoury and sweet recipes. This pasta this is so delicious, the pumpkin adds a sweet and unique flavour.
350 gram pasta
1 pumpkin ( 750 gram)
150 gram spinach
1 fed garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a baking tray
- Drizzle the pumpkin with olive oil and for 35-30 minutes or until soft and brown.
- Cook pasta as per instructions and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and chili in a frypan over medium heat. Add the spinach and allow the spinach to slighy wilt.
- Mix in roasted pumpkin and the drained pasta.
- Serve parmesan cheese