Plum season is here! Plums mark the moment that summer turns to autumn, although we had some incredible warm days in Bergen this week. The plum trees in my family’s garden usually become laden this time of year. As one can only eat so many fresh plums,there is no better time to put the cooking skills in use and try as many plum recipes as possible. This is an easy- to- make combination of plums roasted with honey, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and star anise. This quick and simple dish is ideal as a last minute dessert. Add a dollop of ice cream, yogurt or crème fraîche before serving.
4 large ripe plums ( stoned, halved).
1 1/2 tsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cardamom
¼ tsp dried ginger
1/4 vanilla extract
4 star anise.
Ice cream, crème fresh or yogurt.
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Halve the plums and remove the stones with a teaspoon or sharp knife.
4) Drizzle honey, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger over the plums.
4) Lay the plums in an oven proof dish and add the star anise.
5) Bake the plums for 15-20 minutes or until thet are soft.
6) Serve hot with ice cream, yogurt or crème p before serving.